A worker suffered burns and other possible injuries this morning in an electrical incident in Cloverdale (Shane MacKichan)                                A worker suffered burns and other possible injuries this morning in an electrical incident in Cloverdale. (Shane MacKichan)

A worker suffered burns and other possible injuries this morning in an electrical incident in Cloverdale (Shane MacKichan) A worker suffered burns and other possible injuries this morning in an electrical incident in Cloverdale. (Shane MacKichan)

UPDATE: Worker injured in electrical accident was a Telus employee

The victim suffered burns after his utility bucket contacted the reported 25KV lines

SURREY — A worker in Surrey who was electrocuted and suffered burns last week has been confirmed to be a Telus employee, according to B.C. Hydro.

The worker was transferred to hospital to be treated for burns other possible injuries after a scary incident last Wednesday morning in Cloverdale.

The victim was working on the 5200-block of 184th Street when the utility bucket he was in made contact with a reported 25-kilovolt electrical lines around 10 a.m.

B.C. Hydro was called on-scene to cut the power before he was brought down from the utility bucket.

Crews were called on-scene to rescue the worker. He was transferred to Royal Columbian Hospital for treatment.

Worksafe B.C. was also on-scene.



trevor.beggs@surreynowleader.com

Like us on Facebook and follow Trevor on Twitter