Meet Wally a dog that nearly died from a drug overdose. This animal is alive because the owner was willing to a) bring the animal to the vet and b) tell the vet what it might have been exposed to. The owner has given permission for us to publish this post so that we can tell people to be honest when they bring their animal to the vet. A) it can save your pets life and b) We really don't care what you smoke, injest or inject, we care about your pet. Please Share so we can get that message out. PS any negative comments about the owner will be deleted, the purpose of the post is to convince people to be upfront with your vets. I am beyond serious about this point.
Posted by Dewdney Animal Hospital Ltd. on Wednesday, June 21, 2017
A Maple Ridge vet says he used naloxone to save a dog’s life yesterday after overdosing from exposure to fentanyl.
Dr. Adrian Walton at Dewdney Animal Hospital said the dog, named Wally, was brought into the veterenarian clinic Wednesday, suffering from what he thought was hypoglycemia.
The dog is alive because the owner admitted that Wally had been exposed to the deadly opioid, Walton said.
“We really don’t care what you smoke, ingest or inject, we care about your pet,” he said in a Facebook video, which has been viewed more than 14,000 times.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.