The purpose of the Crime Beat is to educate and inform the public about some of the property crime trends occurring in North Delta and other files of interest. It is submitted weekly by the Delta Police Department.
If you see anything occurring that you believe to be suspicious, call 911 for in progress crimes and emergencies or 604-946-4411 for other assistance.
The following are some of the calls the Delta Police responded to in the previous week:
• April 18, 12:00 p.m., 700-block Belgrave Way: A business reported the theft of the rear license plate from their five-ton van located in the parking lot.
• April 18, 1:49 p.m., 1600-block Cliveden Ave.: A suspect removed the keys for a truck from the business’ mail slot and stole the corresponding vehicle from the parking lot. The vehicle is described as a black newer model Dodge Caravan.
• April 18, 3:46 p.m., 1600-block Fosters Way: Report received that the chain link fencing was cut in three areas bordering three businesses. All companies reported no theft.
• April 18, 2:58 p.m., 1200-block Derwent Way: Company reported that sometime overnight the security tag was removed from the rear doors of a trailer left in a remote parking area. Theft valued at approximately $1,500.
• April 20, 9:22 a.m., 11500 84A Ave.: Complainant reported their vehicle had been broken into sometime overnight while parked at their residence. The front passenger lock had been punched and the vehicle rummaged through. Items stolen include small change, electronic chargers, knee pads, respirators and work tools. Some personal items were recovered in the shrubs near the complainant’s residence.
• April 20, 10:37 p.m., 9300-block 116th St.: Complainant reported she had left her unlocked vehicle in the rear parking lot of a business and had left her purse in the back seat. She returned approximately two minutes later and the purse was gone. The purse is described as a black Michael Kors with gold tassel and contains a wallet with bank and personal cards, gift cards, makeup, vehicle and house keys, and cash.
• April 21, 9:00 a.m., 11200 87th Ave.: Complainant reported that sometime overnight a suspect gained access to their unlocked truck and stole a small set of drills left on the back seat. No suspects or witnesses.
• April 23, 12:48 p.m., 11500 95A Ave.: Received a report from complainant that their vehicle parked in their front driveway was scratched overnight. Damage to the hood and all sides of the vehicle. Reported for insurance purposes.