The Corporation of Delta has begun its annual watermain flushing program and warns that the flushing process may result in residents’ water supply showing sediment and discolouration otherwise referred to as dirty water.
If you experience dirty water, Delta’s engineering department recommends running the cold-water tap at the highest point in your premises for approximately 20 minutes or until it clears.
Should the problem persist, please contact the Engineering Department at 604-946-3260 or submit a call for service through the TalkDelta form.
The engineering department’s utility maintenance section is scheduled to flush the watermains in the following areas of North Delta:
• Feb. 6 to March 6: 86 Avenue to 96 Avenue, between 116 Street and 120 Street.
• Feb. 6 to March 6: 86 Avenue to 72nd Avenue, between 116 Street and 120 Street.
• March 6 to March 24: 96 Avenue to 84 Avenue, and River Road to 116 Street.
• March 24 to April 13: 72 Avenue to Clark Drive, between 116 Street and 120 Street.
• April 13 to May 8: 84 Avenue to 72nd Avenue, between 116 Street and Nordel Way.
• May 8 to May 16: 72nd Avenue to Kittson Parkway, between 116 Street and Westview Drive.
(Note: In some cases these dates and locations may be altered due to unforeseen circumstances.)