The Surrey Community Cat Coalition (SCCC) is low on canned food donations for cats and hopes the public will do some Christmas shopping in July and buy quality cat food to donate.
“We definitely appreciate all cat food donations,” said SCCC manager Lubna Ekramoddoullah. “But the best type of food for cats is wet food, and we hope our donors will spend a little more money on quality brands, such as FirstMate and Wellness, which don’t have any by-products.”
By-products have no nutritional value and are used as a cheap way to keep the protein levels high while keeping food production costs low.
Ingredients are listed by weight, so the first five ingredients in a top-quality brand will use named meat protein sources, contain no by-products corn, wheat, soy, artificial ingredients or preservatives.
Quality canned cat food can be purchased and dropped off at any of the following locations collecting for the Surrey Cat Food Bank:
• All Critters Animal Hospital, 301-15930 Fraser Hwy.
• Angel Animal Hospital, 10318 East Whalley Ring Rd.
• BC Animal Hospital, Unit 102, 15375 Hwy. 10
• Bosley's by Pet Valu, 100-8067 120 St. (North Delta) and 15141 56 Ave.
• Cedar Hills Animal Hospital, 12863 96 Ave.
• Clayton Critters, 103-6820 188 St.
• Crescent Beach Vet Clinic, 12823 Crescent Rd.
• Critters Pet Supplies, 1434 Johnston Rd., White Rock
• Fraser Heights Animal Hospital, 15575 104 Ave.
• High Point Animal Hospital, Unit C, 9666 King George Blvd.
• Mother Hubbard's Pet Food & Supplies, Unit 105, 1812 152 St.
• Newmac Animal Feeds, 5-17967 Hwy. 10
• North Bluff Animal Hospital, 13971 North Bluff Rd.
• Ocean Park Vet Clinic, 1597 128 St.
• Pacific Animal Hospital, 14675 108 Ave.
• Pampered Pets Grooming & Care, 7909 120 St.
• Panorama Village Animal Hospital, 104-15149 Hwy. 10
• Peace Arch Vet Clinic, 124-1959 152 St.
• Peninsula Crossing Animal Hospital, 2382 152 St.
• Pet Food ‘N More, 400-7380 King George Blvd.
• Pet Solutions Supermarket, 10616 King George Blvd. and 6447 120 St. (North Delta)
• Petopia Pet Food & Grooming, 303-16033 108 Ave.
• Wagging Tales Pet Food & Supplies, 402-15940 Fraser Hwy.
• Willoughby Animal Hospital, 1-8590 200 St., Langley