The purpose of the Crime Beat is to educate and inform the public about some of the property crime trends occurring in North Delta and other files of interest. It is submitted weekly by the Delta Police Department.
If you see anything occurring that you believe to be suspicious, call 911 for in progress crimes and emergencies or 604-946-4411 for other assistance.
The following are some of the calls the Delta Police responded to in the previous week:
• March 13, 9:09 a.m., 11400 89A Ave.: Complainant reported their locked vehicle parked on the street had been stolen sometime overnight. Information about the vehicle was entered in the police national computer database and it was subsequently recovered.
• March 13, 1:17 a.m., 8400-block 118A St.: Report received from complainant that their vehicle parked outside their home had been stolen. The resident had heard a noise earlier and observed a male standing outside the vehicle and another male in the vehicle. Vehicle was entered in the national police database and later recovered.
• March 14, 7:51 a.m., 800-block Belgrave Way: A business reported the theft of propane tanks from the cage outside the building. The cage was accessed by suspect cutting off the lock. No suspects or witnesses have been identified.
• March 17, 3:24 a.m., 88th Avenue and 120th Street: Police stopped a vehicle that was observed to be swerving on the roadway. The officer stopped the vehicle and subsequently issued the driver a 24-hour driving suspension and transported home by police.
• March 18, 2:45 p.m., 1000-block Derwent Way: Complainant reported that both license plates from their vehicle were stolen sometime overnight. The plates were added to the police national computer database.
• March 19, 3:30 a.m., 11700-block 85B Ave.: Complainant reported a suspect entered their unlocked vehicle while it was parked in their driveway. A purse containing personal and credit cards was stolen. Prior to the credit card being cancelled it was used at several locations in Surrey.