The purpose of the Crime Beat is to educate and in- form the public about some of the property crime trends occurring in North Delta and other files of interest. It is submitted weekly by the Delta Police Department.
If you see anything occurring that you believe to be suspicious, call 911 for in progress crimes and emergencies or 604-946-4411 for other assistance.
The following are some of the calls the Delta Police responded to in the previous week:
• March 1, 11:56 a.m., 1000-block Nordel Court: Complainant reported that they left their vehicle in the parking lot of the sports centre and when they returned they found the vehicle had been entered by prying the passenger door handle and $5 in loose change was stolen.
• March 2, 8:29 a.m., 8700-block Delwood Dr.: Complainant reported the theft of a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder parked on the street in front of their residence. Vehicle has been entered into police database as stolen.
• March 3, 4:49 p.m., 900-block Cliveden Ave.: Report received that a company tractor trailer had been broken into and rummaged through. Items stolen include cash, a camera, two phone chargers, a Samsung Galaxy cell phone and two toolboxes. Point of entry to the vehicle is unknown as it sustained no damage.
• March 3, 7:37 p.m., 11800-block 84th Ave.: Report received of a break-and-enter to a house under construction. Entry to the house was gained through a piece of plywood enclosing the front door. A red Honda generator was stolen.
• March 4, 11:10 a.m., 11400 84th Ave.: Complainant reported that their Ryan Aerator Lawnaire IV was stolen from the wooded area behind the recreation centre. The aerator is described as black and green with the number “50” painted on the side.
• March 5, 4:26 a.m., 11900-block 88th Ave.: A citizen reported a male actively breaking into a business and then trying to gain entry to multiple other businesses in the area. Police attended but could not locate any signs of break-and-enter or damage to any businesses in the area. Witness indicated they saw a male leave the area in a black four-door sedan.
• March 5, 10:17 a.m., 900-block Cliveden Ave.: Complainant reported they left their company truck for maintenance and when they returned they found the fuel cap had been forced open and diesel fuel was stolen.