The purpose of the Crime Beat is to educate and inform the public about some of the property crime trends occurring in North Delta and other files of interest. It is submitted weekly by the Delta Police Department.
If you see anything occurring that you believe to be suspicious, call 911 for in progress crimes and emergencies or 604-946-4411 for other assistance.
The following are some of the calls the Delta Police responded to in the previous week:
• June 29, 1:41 p.m., 11100-block 84th Ave.: Complainant reported their credit card had been used fraudulently at two locations. Police investigated and found the fraudulent purchases had been made using Apple Pay. Complainant cancelled the credit card.
• June 30, 12:01 p.m., 900-block Cliveden Ave.: Complainant reported several items stolen from their tractor truck while parked at the truck centre. Items stolen include a Garmin dash camera, electric grease gun, two tool boxes with miscellaneous tools, an extension cord and a floor mat. No damage or forced entry to the vehicle.
• June 30, 11:30 p.m.: During a CounterAttack roadblock, police stopped a driver who smelled of liquor and indicated he could not remember how much he’d had to drink. Two breath samples were provided and the results indicated a fail. The driver was given a 90-day driving suspension and his vehicle impounded.
• July 1, 1:18 a.m., 8900-block 118A St.: Complainant reported that sometime overnight an unknown suspect had stolen their validation tag from the rear license plate on their vehicle. The vehicle was parked roadside at the time.
• July 2, 1:00 a.m., 11600-block 88th Ave.: Police conducted a stop of a vehicle that was driving at an excessive speed. A strong odour of liquor emanated from the breath of the driver. Two breath samples were provided by the driver and as a result a seven-day driving suspension was issued to the driver. The vehicle was impounded.
• July 2, 4:42 p.m., 9100-block Sato Pl.: Complainant reported two males entered an unlocked shed in the back yard of their residence and stole a black Norco women’s mountain bike with a pink bottle holder, 24-inch wheels and disk brakes.
• July 2, 1:48 p.m., 8100-block Nordel Way: Complainant reported unknown suspect(s) smashed the passenger side window of the truck. Suspect(s) stole a Samsung table saw that was inside the truck.