The purpose of the crime beat is to educate and inform the public about some of the property crime trends occurring in North Delta and other files of interest. It is submitted weekly by the Delta Police Department. If you see anything occurring that you believe to be suspicious, call 911 for in progress crimes and emergencies or 604-946-4411 for other assistance.
The following are some of the calls police responded to in the previous week:
• Jan. 18, 1:58 p.m., 11400-block 83A Ave.: Police were dispatched to assist with a reported overdose. Police observed the unconscious person, and spoke with roommates on scene who would not disclose what they had ingested. Delta Fire and EHS administered numerous doses of Naloxone, but despite a pulse and shallow breathing, the person remained unresponsive and was taken to hospital by ambulance. Police seized drug paraphernalia and suspected narcotics from the scene.
• Jan. 18, 5:26 p.m., 12000-block Nordel Way: Police were dispatched to a suspected impaired driver, called in by a passing driver. Police located the vehicle and conducted a traffic stop to check for sobriety. Police read the driver the standard field sobriety test demand and conducted the roadside sobriety test, which the driver performed poorly on. The driver was subsequently issued a 24-hour driving prohibition.
• Jan. 20, 8:17 a.m., 7800-block 109A St.: Police were dispatched to a reported theft from auto overnight, wherein the suspect stole electronics, apparel and a debit card. Police confirmed the card was used, and attended the business to review CCTV of the suspect for identification.
• Jan. 20, 1:58 p.m., 8100-block 120 St.: Police were dispatched to a theft in progress at a business, on view by the store’s staff. Police located the suspect in the area and arrested them without issue and still in possession of the stolen items. Police queries of the suspect revealed four outstanding warrants for their arrest, and conditions not to be found in the aforementioned business. The suspect was taken to Surrey RCMP cells.
• Jan. 20, 11:05 p.m., location withheld: Police were dispatched to a reported missing and intoxicated person from a residence. Police located the missing person in the area, and took them to Surrey cells to be held until sober as the family advised they were unable to care for them in their current state of intoxication.
• Jan. 21, 12:05 p.m., 600-block Ridley Pl.: Police were dispatched to a reported theft of a catalytic converter at a local business. The business had previously reported a similar theft earlier in the week, and police advised the owner to consider installing CCTV and parking the vehicle on the street in the interim.
• Jan. 23, 1:26 a.m., 8400-block Brooke Rd.: Police conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle licensed to a driver with a learner’s “L” restriction not to operate a motor vehicle between midnight and 5 a.m.. In identifying the driver, police found them to be in breach of probation, with conditions not to operate a motor vehicle between 10 p.m. and 6 p.m. Police arrested the driver without issue.