The purpose of the Crime Beat is to educate and inform the public about some of the property crime trends occurring in North Delta and other files of interest. It is submitted weekly by the Delta Police Department. If you see anything occurring that you believe to be suspicious, call 911 for in progress crimes and emergencies or 604.946.4411 for other assistance.
The following are some of the calls the Delta Police responded to in the previous week:
• Aug. 22, 8:22 a.m., 11700-block 88th Avenue: Police attended the backlot of the address following the report of a senior’s bus being vandalized. The vehicle was spray painted in black with various tags sometime over the past couple of days. Damage to the vehicle was approximately $3500.
• Aug. 23, 2:32 p.m., 10600-block River Road: Complainant reported that sometime overnight someone stole $100 worth of clamp-on lights from the outside of her residence. No witnesses.
• Aug. 24, 2:19 p.m., 8300-block 92nd Street: An employee reported that sometime over the past couple of days a trailer had been stolen from the yard of a business. Information was entered in the police computer database.
• Aug, 24, 11:02 a.m., 600-block Derwent Road: Complainant reported the theft overnight of a tow truck parked on the street with a white Nissan Frontier attached to the towing rig. Complainant was advised to contact ICBC in addition to filing the police report of the theft of both vehicles.
• Aug. 25, 1:00 a.m., 8800-block 112th Street: Police attended a residence following the report of a break and enter. The complainant indicated he found his downstairs door unlocked and the downstairs window open. The bedroom of the residence had been ransacked and a computer and three cell phones stolen. Forensic examination was conducted and the investigation ongoing.
• Aug. 27, 1:55 p.m., Highway 91 Connector: During a Counter Attack roadblock, police found a driver whose driver’s license was flagged with a notice to issue a two month driving prohibition due to an unsatisfactory driving record. The subject was issued the Notice of Driving Prohibition.
• Aug. 27, 11:48 a.m., 11375 84th Avenue: A set of keys found in Mackie Park was turned in to the North Delta Public Safety building. The keys have been lodged into exhibits for safe keeping and the owner can claim them on identification at the Public Safety building.
• Aug. 29, 9:12 a.m., Highway 91 and Highway 91A: A complainant reported he had parked his truck in a parking lot and when returned a few days later the truck was gone. The vehicle was later located and recovered.